Thursday, February 17, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane..................

Visa's are issued, tickets printed, bags are packed and in under 15 hours we will be on our way!

The Barton kids grandparents have arrived from Queensland to take care of life as I knew it, (Thanks Dad for offering to paint my house while I'm gone!)   I'm still in Oberon - so much for the 4pm leave for the trainstation!

Frank and Libby flew out of Griffith at about 4pm this afternoon and should nearly be at Graeme's house in Tummamurra, North Shore Sydney.

 Kelly and Dane were travelling to Kelly's parents in Camden today and spending the night before heading to the airport in the morning. 

I haven't actually heard from anyone so trusting everyone has arrived at their expected destinations.

We received a lovely welcoming email from Global President Vini Payno who will be greeting us at the airport in Manilla on our arrival and transporting us to the ACCEED Hotel in Makati City for our official welcome tomorrow evening.

Saturday commences at 6am (yes, that was am!)  with a trip to the Alabang Country Club for a day of "activities", which apparently includes golf.  My ability to breathe, hold a bat, make contact with a ball and actually have it go in the right direction is somewhat questionable, so will be an amusing day.  As my driving skills are exceptional (!) I might stick to navigating the buggie. 

Next post - from Makati City, Manilla!




2 comments:

  1. HI I, from the Philippine GSE Inbound committee, one of our committee members has set up a facebook page to publish news about the Australian GSE team in District 3830. this is the URL ... http://www.facebook.com/pages/D3830-GSE-Inbound-Hosting/179260325452783

    ReplyDelete